Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Cruising Through Life

As always we never get around to posting. I wish there was an easy way of tying together all the blogs, Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter. You gotta love all the technology.

IMG_5019 

                                DSC_5811

My parents had the chance to come and visit for a week so they could get to know Brooklyn now that she is getting a little more social. We enjoyed the Old West End Festival, the zoo, and just generally hanging out. My Dad was good enough to make us some screens for our windows so we could enjoy some fresh air. Thanks to him we don’t have to rely so heavily on the a/c. I also got an old wood plane from them for father’s day now that I am obsessed with woodworking. Now all I need is the wood to work on.

IMG_4849

                                  IMG_5055

Brooklyn is still continuing to grow up. At her last doctor visit she weighed in at just over 19 lbs, which is only in the 5th percentile for her age. Of course her head and height is still in the 90th. She can go at a full out speed walk and has been able to defeat the door obstacle. None of the traditional child-proofing has seemed to work, so it has become somewhat of a puzzle to move throughout the house.

IMG_5068 

                       IMG_5082

                                         IMG_5088 

Brooklyn absolutely loves animals just like her Mom, and we spend a lot of time at the Toledo Zoo. She also is loving shoes, “gaaks” (socks), her juice cups, remotes, and anything that plays music so she can dance. We also spend a lot of time at the pool and she has no problems with taking a dip with us. She especially enjoyed the fireworks show for the 4th of July, and was never even bothered by the noise.

IMG_5121

                                      IMG_5096

IMG_5076

Everything else in life is putting along. It won’t be too long before my car’s wheels fall off and then I will be left with using a bicycle to get to work, but I need the exercise anyway. I also have applied to the University of Toledo for the Computer Network Administration degree that they offer there. I am hoping that I will then be able to get some time of job doing something that I really enjoy. A degree in biology just hasn’t been cutting it.

DSC_5956

                                        DSC_5860

Other than that we have just been having a great time in the nice mild summer that we have had so far. If we are lucky I might get another post out here before the end of the year.

IMG_4982

                                       IMG_4929

4 comments:

{Mostly Jenn} said...

We cant believe how big she is and adorable! We love you guys. Matt and Jenn

Rachel said...

Those are cute pictures! I've got to admit Kristin going flying on the trampoline is an awesome shot!

Unknown said...

love the pic of all the kids wiith the butterfly wings on there heads

Karisha said...

Brooklyn is a doll. And I agree, the trampoline shot is awesome. haha